Our spacious retreat bursting with Welsh charm, complete with flagstone slate flooring, beams, beautiful stone walls, and wood burner, offers fabulous accommodation for up to 4 people* in 2 large bedrooms, a beautiful twin room and our stunning king-sized master with amazing sea views out across the rolling countryside and down towards St Brides bay (*additional children happily accommodated for a small extra fee).
D O W N S T A I R S
Open-plan kitchen and diner
A newly fitted shaker kitchen complete with ceramic sink and a blissful view out onto open fields, dishwasher, coffee machine and an open-plan spacious dining area with plenty of room for long dinner chats, offers the perfect place for cooking, eating and relaxing.
There are characterful stone walls and beams throughout – even boasting the original stabling which divides the kitchen and dining space up beautifully.
Beautiful Coach House lounge
The lounge is light and spacious with it’s impressive vaulted ceiling, yet cosy and beautifully furnished in a coastal palette complete with the comfiest of sofas, local art and a charming wood burner and fireplace. A perfect spot for unwinding after a day’s adventures.
There is a TV, DVDs, local books and board games provided – offering plenty of entertainment whatever the weather!
U P S T A I R S
Upstairs leads to the old hayloft, now a spacious landing with contemporary newly-fitted white bathroom, complete with panelled bath with over shower and heated towel rail.
Prettiest twin bedroom
A gorgeous spacious room, offering a beautifully light and airy space for children and adults alike to relax (or build dens!) with the comfiest of beds. An extra travel cot / bed can be set up if required.
Stunning king-sized master
Romance with a view! The master is decorated in the most beautifully romantic tones offering the perfect place to relax and unwind together.
The finer touches – from the delicately plush cushions to the comfy chair offering the perfect spot to read the morning paper, the beautifully crafted window shutters and full length mirror – really make this room a very special space our guests just don’t want to leave!
Both bedrooms still have the old hayloft doors that lead outside to stone staircases at either end of the barn – a wonderfully quirky addition – why not sit in bed in the master bedroom with the door wide open and enjoy the most beautiful outlook down the valley to St Brides Bay, just idyllic.
Outside the Coach House has it’s own garden area complete with patio and seating for a perfect evening of alfresco dining – there is a even a little bbq provided for you to enjoy! Sit back, relax and listen to the sound of the wildlife and the waves rolling up the valley.
Nature is all around us here at Pantier. Our frequent visitors include woodpeckers, swallows, goldfinches, kites, buzzards, bats, hedgehogs and foxes amongst other fascinating creatures and if you get chance, don’t forget to look out for our resident family of tawny owls – they do like to perch on The Coach House – and are so wonderful to watch!
With so little light pollution, the stars are amazing here at night – if you’re a keen stargazer or even a complete novice like us but fancy your best Patrick Moore impression let us know, we get so little light pollution here that you can see the milky way most nights and we have a telescope we can set up for you!
T H E C O A C H H O U S E E S S E N T I A L S:
* Spacious detached characterful Welsh stone barn conversion in a beautiful rural coastal location in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park – just a short drive from stunning Newgale beach and picturesque Solva
* Gorgeous local welcome pack goodies on arrival – including welsh cakes, locally made soap and shampoo bars, seasonal Pantier jam or sloe gin and fresh eggs when available! Coffee pods, tea bags, sugar, milk, olive oil and condiments also provided
* Eco-conscious hosts who are committed to doing our bit to help the environment!
* Brand new fitted shaker kitchen with blissful views onto open fields complete with ceramic sink, coffee machine and dishwasher
* 2 spacious bedrooms sleeping 4 people – a king sized master with stunning views down the valley towards St Brides Bay and a gorgeous twin room. Additional children happily accommodated for a small extra fee, We do not charge anything extra for infants in cots (0-2 years) – travel cot, high chair and stair gates available
* Bathroom with newly fitted bath with shower and heated towel rail
* Lots of well thought out extras – rainy day games and DVDs, toddler / baby books / toys, lovely selection of local books and maps, well placed sockets in every room (!), hairdryer and fan
* Own patio and garden with seating area (small BBQ also provided), perfect for alfresco dining
* Family friendly – with travel cot, stair gates and highchair available
* Dog friendly – we also welcome your furry friends! Dogs are limited to 2 per booking and are charged at an extra £5 per night with a cap of £20 per stay, payable on arrival
* Full to bursting welcome pack with all our special hints and tips of all to see and do in this fabulous county
* Local pub – The Victoria Inn (complete with microbrewery and dart board!) is only 1 mile away and serves food daily. There is also a children’s playground and tennis court opposite the pub
* Local shop – well-stocked convenience store and post office in Roch village is only a few minutes drive away. The historic county town and amenities of Haverfordwest with it’s large supermarkets and M&S is less than 8 miles away and charming St Davids with its fresh veg, delis and butcher is only a short drive away
* Local beach – the Blue flag splendour of Newgale and its 2 miles of golden sand is only a few minutes drive away
* All bed linen, bath towels, fuel, electric, wifi and starter pack of wood for woodburner included. Washing machine and dryer are available in the main farmhouse if required
* Parking for 2 cars
Note: The Coach House has various steps throughout – there is a step on entering and the lounge is accessed via 3 descending steep stone steps with handrail